A central position on the North-South trade scheme
First industrial hub between Paris and Lyon and main urban district in Saône-et-Loire, the Grand Chalon is strategically located 2 hours from Paris, 1 hour from Lyon and 4 hours from Marseille.
Burgundy is a crossroads for all transit flows between the French and European economic poles. It is also the most convenient place in France to set up if you are willing to interact with countries around the Mediterranean on a regular basis.
Thanks to this strategic location, which ensures all companies an access to 156 millions of customers within 1 one day, the Grand Chalon has earned its place as Burgundy’s second economic pole.
At the interface of the RCEA and the A 39, A 36, A 31 and A6 highways, the Grand Chalon keeps on investing to help all companies reach their objectives and customers faster.
A well-structured hub of transports
From Le Creusot’s TGV station (30 min from Chalon-sur-Saône), you can reach :
- Charles-de-Gaulle Airport in 1 hour 40 minutes
- Paris in 1 hour 20 minutes
- Lyon in 40 minutes (with easy access to Lyon Saint-Exupéry Airport)
- Marseille in 2 hours 40 minutes
- Brussels in 4 hours, London in 5 hours
Closest international airports :
- Lyon Saint-Exupéry : 1 hour 30 minutes by road
- Geneva : 2 hours by road
- Paris Charles-de-Gaulle : 3 hours by road
The Aproport multimodal port platform : A major hub on the Rhône-Saône axis, with direct and large capacity links to the Marseille commercial port (GPMM).
Our business-friendly local taxation
Property ownership tax (“Taxe foncière” – Euro per square metre ratio for the XXL platform) :
- 2,88 euros (waste management tax not included)
- 2 years exemption from the City and Department shares
Company real estate contribution (“Cotisation foncière des entreprises”) :
• 25,54 %
• Total exemption for the first 2 years ; 80% exemption on the 3rd year, 50% on the 4th